Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fall Salad




This salad is from Food Network. Love the dressing; however I did not have the shallot, but was good none the less. I used 1/4 teaspoon dried onion. Also the candied pecans, next time I will cut the butter amount in half. I used pecan pieces, apple instead of pear and romaine lettuce. Enough for 4 servings.

Ingredients for Candied Pecans:

  • 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup raw pecans pieces
Directions for Candied Pecans:
Set a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the butter and brown sugar and once melted toss in the pecans. Cook evenly until slightly pecans begin to brown; stirring frequently.

Ingredients for Maple-Balsamic Dressing:
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 3 tablespoons EVOO
  • salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Maple-Balsamic Dressing:
Combine the chopped shallot, Dijon, vinegar and maple syrup in a glass measuring cup. Slowly drizzle the olive oil to emulsify. I use my Wonder Whisk. Add the salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment