Monday, January 22, 2018

Basil and Walnut Pesto



















I am obsessed with pesto and in my mind; one of the "health food" that gets overlooked. This recipe is from "Well Fed" cookbook and does not include cheese. I was a tad skeptical. I Love cheese. However, this is very good and has the Freezer Queen stamp of approval. I will make this again. May add a few crushed red pepper for fun next time...

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, packed
  • 1/3 cup EV olive oil
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions:
Puree all ingredients in a food processor to desired consistency. Allow the flavors to meld for about 30 minutes before eating. Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment