Thursday, June 21, 2018

Halloumi and Summer Vegetable Kebabs

























OK people, I changed this recipe ALOT... Surprise, surprise! I am sure if you followed this recipe to the tee; it would be delicious. However, the ingredients available called to me. Here it goes...
I used 3/4 cup parsley just cause that is what I had AND that is the herb I grew up with. Funny how that is what one gravitates towards. Original recipe called for 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, 1/4 cup packed fresh mint. Other than that the dressing ingredients remained the same. Found the Halloumi cheese at the Cheese Importer in Longmont (one of the diamonds in the rough of L-town). I did not use cherry tomatoes (1 cup) although that would have added some color to this dish. Waiting for the super fresh tomatoes in August. The zucchini I did shave lengthwise and then got weary and just cut chunks. As you can see in the pic; the 2 different variations. Tool of choice for the shaving: OXO Good Grips Y Peeler If I were serving for friends would most likely do the shaving; just cause it is pretty.  This is different, unique dish that I will make again.

Ingredients:

  • 6 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley
  • 3 cloves minced garlic (should increase a bit; cause you might want too)
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 8 ounces Halloumi cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
  • 1 small zucchini (shaved lengthwise)
  • 1 small yellow zucchini (shaved lengthwise)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:
Process oil, herbs of choice, garlic and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pour mixure over the cubed Halloumi cheese. Cover and chill 1 hour.

Preheat grill to high (450-degrees) heat. Thread zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and cheese on skewers. I have metal skewers and used about 8. Sprinkle with salt. 

Place kebabs on lightly greased grill grate. Grill, uncovered, until vegetables are tender and cheese is charred. I turned them fairly frequently. I slathered with leftover dressing. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment