Saturday, October 20, 2018

Rhonda's Pork Loin Roast

























Rhonda is one great cook and if you are fortunate enough to have a recipe from her kitchen, well consider yourself lucky! Her recipe was for a 5-lb roast; so I used about 1/2 the stuffing. With the leftover stuffing; I filled mushrooms to serve along side the roast.  I changed up the sauce to accompany the roast; simply because the roast I bought did not create alot of juice. Thus, the addition of the apple cider sauce I had from a cooking class at Sur la table. This recipe is my step outside my box; as I am not experienced with big cuts of meat. My hope is with the leftovers; a great soup, street tacos or whatever. Wish me luck! Pic does look delicious! Thank you to my daughter-in-law, Valerie, for the loan of the roasting rack!

Ingredients:


  • 3 pound pork loin roast
Ingredients for marinade:
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoon fresh thyme
  • 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
  • 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for Stuffing:
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped fine
  • 1/3 cup roasted pine nuts
  • 1 teaspooon fresh garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 cup or so fresh spinach
  • 1/3 cup soft goat cheese
  • 1/3 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
Ingredients for Apple Cider Sauce
  • 1 1/2 cup apple cider
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Instructions for Roast:
Combine the ingredients for the stuffing on a cutting board; chopping and incorporating the ingredients all together. Butterfly the roast and place the stuffing in the center of the roast. Fold over the stuffing and secure with oven-safe string in several places. Place the marinade in a medium size zip lock. Add the pork loin; turning to coat the roast. Place in the refrigerator overnight.

Remove the marinaded roast and place on a roasting rack. Convection roast at 450-degrees for 15 minutes. Lowest rack setting on my oven.
Reduce heat to 350-degrees and continue roasting for 40 minutes or until instant read temperator reads145-degrees. Allow to rest before slicing. If I plan to reheat; undercook somewhat.

Instructions for Apple Cider Sauce:
Combine the apple cider and apple cider vinegar in a medium sauce pan. Cook until mixture is reduced by 2/3. Add maple syrup and butter. YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment