Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bobonne's Patio











The arborvitaes I overwintered in our garage that has a west-facing window. They are close to 8-feet tall!  They provide a natural screen on the curve of the east-facing patio. The agastaches pop against the green of the coniferous trees.
















I also overwintered boxwood in the garage successfully.














Pots of rosemary and apple mint (which I pruned heavily after reaching 3 1/2-ft; much prettier contained).















I rescued the feverfew out of the garden and it has thrived in the pot.
Thyme for cooking and coral bell for color; which I will plant in the ground this fall.











More boxwood, coral bell, and a baby balsam fir.






The lady fern I will plant in the garden when weather starts to cool. Philodendron 'Brazil' was an experiment. They get about 1 hour of direct sun and seem happy. The succulent pot came from inside the house and so far so good...













Neetles and a coral bell standout on the dark patio table.



































The coral bell was struggling in my too dry shade garden, but look at it in the pot! Tripled in size and tons of blooms...
Cute boxwood I could not resist purchasing this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment