Sunday, February 22, 2015

Goat Cheese, Bacon and Pistachio Truffles

















I LOVE goat cheese! These can be made a few days ahead of your party and has the Freezer Queen stamp of approval. Well if any are left!
Ingredients:

  • 8 ounces creamy goat cheese, softened ( I used Whole Foods brand)
  • 1/4 cup cooked bacon ( about 3 slices), crumbled
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ( I like Roasted Granulated Garlic from Savory)
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios ( I think I used more because did not read "finely chopped"!)
Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, beat together goat cheese, bacon, garlic powder and onion powder. 

Roll into 1-inch balls with your hands or use a small cookie scoop.

Roll into the chopped pistachios. The pistachios I had on hand were unshelled and was a bit time consuming to unshell them, but that is what "recently retired" husbands are for. I used my small food processor to chop...

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment