Friday, March 11, 2016

Sweet Mustard Dressing

















This dressing was from Well Fed cookbook which Jesse, my kid,  shared the digital version. I have to laugh because I did not follow the recipe at all! Instead of 1/4 cup homemade olive oil mayonnaise, I used olive oil. Instead of the dry mustard, I used two kinds of refrigerated mustard and instead of applesauce I substituted honey. So I guess you could say this is really my original recipe! It is yum!

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use Newman's Own Organic)
  • 1 clove garlic, finely minced
  • 2 teaspoons raw honey
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon regular mustard (taste may want to add more)
  • 1 teaspoon merfs curry honey mustard (purchased at Savory because they sent me a $10 coupon)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Combine honey and mustards and beat till smooth. Add vinegar stirring well. In a slow steady stream incorporate the olive oil till emulsifies. Add garlic, salt and pepper.

Refrigerate the unused portion. Makes enough for 4 portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment