Thursday, June 20, 2019

Easy Raspberry Habanero Sauce


























This sauce is a perfect accompanyment to Grilled Chicken Cordon Blue (blog: 8/8/2013 label: grill it). A little spice, a little sweet. I did not use habanero peppers. I have some Boulder Farmer's Market jalepenos in the freezer; and that is what is shown in the photo. I did not tend to the sauce very well and it became too thick; so I just added more cider vinegar. Worked out great. I removed the jalepeno; just as the original recipe. Not to go to waste, cause I devoured along side the chicken. I did buy seeded raspberry jam and should have done seedless, just for visual purposes. The end product was delicious despite the seeds...

Ingredients:

  • 1 habanero pepper, split in half and seeds removed
  • 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions:
Over medium heat, add all the ingredients; stir often while simmering to get the jam and vinegar to fully combine.

Continue stirring while the sauce thickens. 

Remove from the heat when the sause is to your preferred thickness.

Remove habanero halves and serve sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment