Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken

















I tweaked this recipe a little. thespruceeats.com This comes together fairly quickly. I cut my chicken breasts in half lengthwise and then pounded with a meat mallet to make chicken cutlets. Hot marinara sauce and fresh Burrata was the icing on the cake. Having made ahead; I reheated the cutlets just to get the chill off in the microwave and then finished off with the burrata on top under the broiler. Heat the marinara sauce and serve over penne or egg noodles.

Ingredients:

  • 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( cut in half and pounded with meat mallet)
  • 1/2 cup butter (melted)
  • 2 cloves minced garlic, minced
  • 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs ( I used Ian's gluten-free panko)
  • 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • favorite Marinara sauce ( I like Rao from Costco)
  • fresh Buratta 
  • fresh chopped parsley
Heat oven to 375-degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil. I used a wire rack which I sprayed with oil. You can also place on parchment paper.

Place melted butter in shallow pan ( I used a glass pie pan).

Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Place in a shallow pan.

Dip the prepared chicken cutlets in melted butter and fresh garlic and then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Place on wire rack.

Bake the chicken for 25-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165-degrees.

Serve with marinara, Burrata, fresh parsley and pasta of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment