Thursday, August 27, 2020

Rice Cakes

 












This recipe came courtsey of the nyt. I use to make rice cakes with leftover risotto and stumbled on this recipe. It is right up my alley. Original recipe called for mint; I used chopped parsley. Also original called for zucchini... I used Jasmine rice and doubled the recipe. I found the amount of butter in original recipe was too much and cut that as well. Plan on reheating in a dry hot non-stick skillet. Of course I froze in proportions for future meal side.

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups Jasmine rice, cooked (1 cup raw rice cooked to package directions)
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
  • 2/3 cup scallions, chopped
  • 2 cups sharp Cheddar, shredded
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2-3 tablespoons butter
Directions:
In a large bowl, gently mix all but the butter together.

Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat, adding butter, heating until foamy. I cooked the rice cakes in 2 batches; for a total of 12 cakes.

Turn cakes over with a spatula after 4 minutes and continue to cook until golden brown. I did place a lid on to minimize the slatter...



No comments:

Post a Comment