Saturday, April 1, 2023

Spinach Pesto

 



This is one of those recipes that is one of my favorites. I love to use with pasta, but also as a topping on toast or waffles. This is super easy, once the stems are removed from the baby spinach. First round I topped on spagetti with Rao sauce, Turkey or Chicken Parmigiano Meatballs (blog: 1/29/2022 Label: turkey) and my homemade burrata. It was restaurant quality! Recipe from www.lifeisbutadish.com

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups spinach (I used the whole container of washed baby spinach), stems removed and chopped (this worked well, as processed more easily)
  • 1 clove garlic (I used 1/4 teaspoon roasted garlic granules)
  • 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted at 350-degrees about 5 or so minutes and then cool
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (I probably used more)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • pinch of pepper
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup EVO, I have been buying Jovial brand online and love it)
Directions:
In the bowl of a food processor or blender add the spinach, garlic, pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper. 

Pulse until combined but not totally smooth.

Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pulsing.

Add more lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. I did not add anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment