Sunday, August 30, 2015

Boulder County Farmer's Market Pattypan Squash, Tomato, and Corn

























I did not know if it would be a dish I would want to make again. My friend Sue texted me she could not find the recipe on my blog and could I send it to her. Thought I better get to writing down exactly what I did concoct, because it was rather tasty...
I have decided that Pattypan Squash is the primo of the Squash Family. Pattypans are also a good source of magnesium, niacin, and Vitamins A and C.

Ingredients

  • 4 small Pattypan squash, ends cut off and sliced in thirds lengthwise
  • 2 fresh ears of corn, kernels cut from the cob
  • olive oil for brushing
  • 2 fresh tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 handful of fresh basil, sliced
  • 4 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced or 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta and 2 tablespoons Parmesan
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
Place the Pattypan slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with a thin layer of olive oil and roast in a 400-degree oven for about 20 minutes; turning over once. Place roasted slices in a baking dish. Salt and pepper to taste.
Roast the kernels of corn and tomato slice for about 10 minutes in the same preheated oven. Place the tomato slices and corn on top of the Pattypan slices evenly.
Evenly place the slices of mozzarella on top or combine Ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese and dollop on top.
Sprinkle with the sliced basil and salt and pepper to taste.
When ready to serve; heat under a broiler until hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment