Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Green Chili & IPA Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

























OK another lifesambrosia.com recipe. Love slow cooker recipes, love Mexican anything. So this was a win, win. I have several glass containers of last years green chilies made into our Green Chili Sauce (blog 4/12/13) and used the sauce instead of using the canned green chili in the original recipe. Again, I am sure the original recipe is amazing, I just had the homemade sauce on hand. The meat is versatile; as you can use a BBQ sauce on top or add more green chili sauce to a burrito or nachos. Nachos is what I am voting for!

Ingredients:

  • 3 1/2 pound pork shoulder 
  • 1/2 yellow onion, sliced (I used red, cause that is what I had)
  • 1 7 ounce can diced green chili (I used about 2 cups of homemade Green Chili Sauce.
  • 1 cup water (added enough water to Green Chili Sauce to equal 2 cups)
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle IPA beer (I am sure any beer will do, but we LOVE IPA)
Directions:
Season pork on both side with salt.

Place onion on bottom of slow cooker. Place pork on top. Pour green chiles, water and beer over top of pork. 

Cook on low for 6 hours.

Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. Tedious because you have to remove the pork fat, but not saying this is not worth it!

As Des says, "Enjoy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment