Saturday, February 27, 2016

Roasted Rosemary Cashews

















Ok, you had better hide these from me. They are so good and so worth the time! The original recipe called for skin-on whole raw almonds, but I had a bag of raw cashew pieces and I thought, why not!
I used a non-stick skillet and raised the heat just a tad from the original recipe found on nomnompaleo.com

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups raw cashews
  • 1-2 tablespoons dried cracked rosemary (found a Savory)
  • 1-2 teaspoons coarse salt (I use Celtic)
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
  • 1 tablespoon butter or ghee (I use Organic Valley Ghee)
Directions:
Melt the ghee in a non-stick skillet over medium-heat. When ghee starts to bubble, add the cashews and stir to coat.

Add the rosemary, salt and pepper.

Toast in the skillet, stirring often, until golden brown. You may have to adjust your cooktop to a lower heat to prevent burning.

Remove cashews and place on paper towel until cooled to room temperature.

Store in a sealed container and hide in a safe place!

Thinking of trying with slivered almonds. Could be yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment