Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Caramelized Onions



















I believe I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com My original thought was to make meatballs with the onions, but had thin slices of cooked, sirloin steak in the freezer and thought the onions would compliment the steak nicely. I tossed with Buttered Egg Noodles (blog: 04/19/17 label: pasta). Pretty darn tasty! Will make those meatballs another day!

Ingredients:

  • 2 large red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Heat oil over med-high heat in a large skillet. Add the sliced onions and cook until soft and carmelized. About 20-25 minutes.

Take off the heat and add the balsamic vinegar and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.

The original recipe called for cooking an additional 5 minutes after adding the vinegar, but I found not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment