Thursday, January 16, 2020

Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust

















































Ok folks; this is spectacular. Now I cannot have regular pizza crust; so perhaps my excitement is overrated. However, I will make this is again. I cooked a very large spagetti squash for another recipe and had about half leftover. I used shredded pepper jack goat cheese in replacement for the mozzarella and shredded pecorino romano in place of the parmesan; simply because I had on hand. I topped the crust with cooked choizo sausage and more shredded pepper jack. My icing on the cake; chopped fresh jalapenos! A simple salad dressed with olive oil and balsamic; you are in heaven! Of course the sky is the limit as far as what to top with. I wanted to keep the crust firmness; so did not want to add anything saucy. sharedappetite.com

Ingredients:

  • one small to medium spagetti squash
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
I soften the spagetti squash in the microwave on high for about 4 minutes. This allow you to easily cut the ends off the squash and then cut into four rounds. Remove the seeds once cut.

Place the rounds on a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in a 400-degree oven for one hour; turning rounds over halfway through.

Scrap all the flesh into a beautiful pile of spagetti strands and allow to cool. Wrap cooked squash into cheese cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.

In a medium bowl combine the squash, egg, cheeses, salt and pepper. 

Press squash in a thin even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. 

Bake at 400-degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully flip and cook another 10 minutes. Use a spatula to loosen from the parchment paper easily.

Add desired topping and bake until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment