Monday, March 25, 2019

Curried Rice Pilaf

























I made this rice in the morning and popped into the refrigerator. This allowed the flavor to meld. No one had organic celery because of weather issues and I bet the addition would make this rice even better. Also the orginal recipe from BH&G Grill Cookbook; included 1/2 cup dried fruit; which I eliminated and 1 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken or beef bouillion granules. I used about 1/4 cup beef broth. I often cook a batch of plain rice, place in freezer and then you have it on hand whenever it stikes you!
I am a Freeze McQueen!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups cooked long grain rice
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup celery, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup beef or chicken broth (enough to moisten rice sufficiently)
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder (I use my homemade stuff Madras Curry Powder blog: 3/6/13 label: spices)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • salt to taste
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions:
Heat the butter in a skillet and saute the onion and celery. Once softened add the rice, garlic, curry powder, broth of choice, pepper and salt. Heat and combine. 

To serve top with toasted almonds. Wonderful with grilled meat (Ginger Rum Marinade blog 4/24/19 label: marinate)

No comments:

Post a Comment