Monday, March 25, 2019

Ginger Rum Marinade

























This recipe is my mission to work my way thru BH&G Grill Cookbook. The recipe makes about 1 1/4 cups marinade; enough for 2 1/2 - 3 pounds pork, beef or chicken. I chose boneless, skinless chicken thighs and next go around I will cut the thighs in large pieces to allow the marinade to penetrate more. I will also add more red pepper or perhaps a cut-up jalepeno. I would also set aside 1/4 cup of marinade to pour over grilled meat before serving.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
  • 1/3 cup rum
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce ( I use tamari)
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar ( could try less)
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes ( I would add more depending on heat level you like) or cut-up fresh jalepeno
  • 2 1/2 - 3 pounds beef, pork or chicken ( I would cut-up meat of choice for skewers to allow marinade to penetrate)
Directions:
Combine pineapple juice, rum, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper. Set aside 1/4 of a cup if desired.

Place meat of choice in a large zip-lock bag and pour marinade over the meat. Marinade in refrigerator for 4-8 hours; turning bag occasionally.

Thread the meat on skewers. Drain the marinade and reserve.

Grill the meat according to grill instructions. Brush marinade on meat the last 5 minutes of grilling. Discard remaining marinade.

Brush with the 1/4 cup marinade once meat is taken off the grill.

Delicious served with Curried Rice Pilaf ( blog 4/24/19 Label: rice)

No comments:

Post a Comment