Saturday, March 9, 2019

Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas

























This is about as easy as you can get! I used pork tenderloin, but one may also use a shoulder or a butt roast. The original recipe called for 3-4 pounds of pork. I used 2 pork tenderloins, about one pound each. If you go for the larger amount, I would double the juices, spices and onion. The liquid cooks down a bit. Also, I cooked on low for 6 hours; the recipe called for 8-10 hours. I made tacos for the first batch, but possiblities are endless: rice bowl, nachos. I added our homemade green chili, shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce, refried beans and a dollup of sour cream. Yum! Recipe courtesy of www. laurengreutman.com

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds pork tenderloin
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • juice from one lime
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
Directions:
Grease the inside of the crock pot. Add the diced onion and then the pork. 

Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the pork.

Cook on low for about 6 hours. 

Pull pork apart and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment