Friday, January 28, 2022

Mascarpone Pasta

 


So I made Ina Garten's Mocha Chocolate Icebox Cake; which by the way, is amazing... Anyway, the recipe calls for 12 ounces of mascarpone. I had 4 ounces leftover. Of course I froze the extra mascarpone and decided to seach the web for a savory recipe using my extra mascapone; which froze beautifully! I was not certain that would be successful. Mom's Dinner with Susie Weinrich posted this recipe.  It is versatile and wonderful; so here it goes! Comes together in about 15 minutes.

Ingredients:

  • Pasta of choice ( 12 ounces) - I used Jovial Egg Noodles)
  • 4 ounces mascarpone cheese ( Trader Joe's has great price on this)
  • 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • zest of 1 small lemon ( I used juice as well; cause why not!)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • fresh chopped parsley
  • 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup reserved pasta water ( I did not need to use the extra liquid)
Directions:
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside 1/2 cup pasta water ( I skipped this step) Drain pasta and set aside.

In a small sauce pan add wine or broth, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.

Add in the mascarpone cheese and stir until melted.

Add salt, pepper and fresh chopped parsley.

Add in the drained pasta and gently heat.

Add the parmesan cheese once the pasta is plated.

I served with roasted shrimp that was sprinkled with lemon pepper.

This is a keeper! Even despite having gluten-free pasta; you will not care!




No comments:

Post a Comment