Sunday, March 31, 2013

Basic Quiche



















This recipe was found in the local Boulder paper. I have made this for Easter and Christmas, wedding and baby shower brunches. I like it because it is gluten-free, has few ingredients and always turns out delicious. I took the photo right out of the oven; so you can see the fluffy souffle-like appearance. But like a souffle, the quiche does fall. I have reheated and froze the cooked quiche with great results. Simply thaw and reheat at 350-degrees till hot. I like to reheat in the oven rather that the microwave.

Ingredients:


  • 6 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup heavy cream (I prefer Organic Valley)
  • 1 cup grated cheese ( such as Swiss, Gruyere or Cheddar; I like Gruyere)
  • 1/2 cup crisp bacon or ham (Applegate bacon is great); optional
Directions:

In a medium bowl beat eggs till fluffy and then add the cream and beat once again. Fold in cheese and bacon and pour into a buttered pan. A 10-inch glass pyrex pie dish works great.

Bake at 350-degree oven for 40 minutes until middle is set and top is golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment