Saturday, March 23, 2013

Curried Mustard Pork Chops
















I always buy bone-in pork chops because they tend to stay moist. This recipe requires a little pre-planning; as  it is best to marinate overnight. Great served with brown rice with a sprinkle of Garam Masala. I make my own Garam Masala (see 3/23/13 blog); because I am a gluton for punishment. Feel free to purchase instead!

Ingredients:


  • 2 bone-in pork chops, about 1" thick
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (Anne's Naturals)
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice or white wine
  • 1/2 tablespoon Madras Curry Powder (I make my own, but purchase if desired)
  • 1/ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 small shallot (minced)
  • 2 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Directions:

Place the pork chops in a large zip lock bag. Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over chops. Marinate for 6-24 hours.

Preheat gas grill on medium high heat (350-400 degrees). Grill 5 minutes per side. Save the remaining marinade and heat to boil and serve with the chops.

Often times I will grill early in the day and then reheat in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment