Thursday, March 21, 2013

Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette


























Recipe was snatched from Giada de Laurentiis, (foodnetwork.com). Every recipe I have tried from Giada, has been one I will make again and again. My dream is to be invited to one of her dinner parties! The balsamic chicken is no exception; plus the prep is super easy. Serve with Pappardelle's gluten-free lemon pepper fusilli. Yum!

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar from Pappardelle's the Fine Art of Pasta.
  • juice from one small lemon
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard ( I like Anne's Naturals)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 skin-on, bone-in, chicken breast ( got mine from Whole Foods)
  • chopped fresh parsley ( I forgot this, but will add next time as I LOVE parsley; the Belgium in me!)
  • grated lemon zest ( hum, forgot this too, but perhaps next time...)
Directions:

Whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to blend. I use my Wonder Whisk for this; it is awesome! Rinse the chicken breasts and place in a large ziplock bag. Pour the vinegar mixture on top and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-8 hours. In other words; can be planned ahead or not... 

Transfer the chicken with the sauce to a lightly greased glass baking dish. 

Preheat the oven to 400-degrees. Roast the chicken, uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through.

At this point, Giada, had you pour the sauce into a pan and boil until the liquid reduces by half, about 8 minutes. This step was unnecessary due to the superior quality of the balsamic I used. There was thickened sauce in the baking pan to pour atop the chicken to serve. 

If you do not forget: garnish with parsley and lemon zest.

She also side-noted if the chicken darkens too quickly, cover with foil. I did not find this necessary either...

The recipe could easily be adjusted for more than 2 servings. I had baked the chicken the night before and reheated. Colorado State is playing Missouri, so wanted easy tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment